For personal use only. To publish or display, contact the State Library of Western Australia.
Title supplied by donor
Originally designed as a school in 1913 by Herbert Parry, the building was owned by the Red Cross and leased to the Repatriation Department for use as a convalescent home for soldiers between 1919 and 1929. See the Western Mail 11 April 1919, p.24 (p.23 in Trove) for details of its conversion from a partially built school into the home. In 1929 it was bought by the Sisters of Mercy and was renamed St Brigid's College. See: A Line on Kalamunda (1978), p. 36.